By David Pereira, President, Get Lift
Because the average managed services provider or value-added reseller has agreements with 15-20 brands, it’s not easy for any single vendor to get their attention. One way to stand out among the competition is to make it easier for partners to create case studies or success stories.
There are a couple of flavors to consider:
The benefits to both you and your partners are pretty clear. Vendor-partner-customer case studies validate how you assist partners to solve real business and/or technical problems for their customer. Vendor-partner case studies provide the participating partner with desirable exposure reinforcing the value of being fully engaged in your channel program.
Both of these stories can help you with:
Admittedly, compelling partners to engage in the process of creating case studies — the logistical nightmares of scheduling and approvals – can be daunting. But we’ve developed a thoughtful process that eases many of the burdens.
1. Define Your Objectives: Start by determining what stories are important to you. You can align them with your growth goals, corporate directives, solutions, regions, use cases or partner types.
2. Build Your Funnel: Like a lead gen funnel, our close rate isn’t 100%. In our experience, about 25% of potential case studies make it to the finish line, which means you need to approach 48 potential partners each year to produce 12 completed case studies.
3. Find Partners to Participate: Here are 3 tips for finding partners:
4. Gather The Info: Co-ordinate and conduct your interviews. We recommend conducting the interviews separately rather than together so that everyone is more open to speaking and the interviewer can drill down on interesting nuggets.
5. Write the Story: Make the story something that YOU would want to read by clearly identifying the emotion felt by the stakeholders and the quantitative and qualitative benefits.
6. Promote the case study: Once you’ve done the hard work of creating them, it’s critical to get the right eyeballs on them. Consider the following ideas:
Many vendors don’t spend enough time on steps 1, 2 or 6 which undermines their efforts in steps 3,4,5. Taking a strategic approach to creating and promoting cases studies can help you stand out as a vendor worth doing business with.
Interested in starting your journey of creating better partner case studies? Download the “The Ultimate Guide to Creating Channel Partner Case Studies” eBook where you’ll find many of the concepts listed above explored in more depth. It’s the playbook you need to create 12+ new partner case studies this year.
It also contains lots of helpful downloadable templates that will save you plenty of time!
David Pereira is the president at GET LIFT Agency. GET LIFT provides B2B channel marketers with expertise and execution horsepower to produce programs and content (including partner case studies) that get partner engagement.